Friday, May 1, 2009

I've been robbed.

That's right, dudes. I've been robbed. Someone lifted my iPod and my camera, stealing all my future memories of Vietnam as well as my super-awesome PSP game scores.

I'm really not all THAT bummed out, though I did have a minor flip-out. I guess I just have poor lucky traveling. But, I'm meeting nice people, and besides running out of money and losing everything of value, everything else is going super well.

I sometimes can't believe that I can maintain a smile and a positive attitude through things that other people might find upsetting.

I'm working with a travel-buddy to try to work something out with my Japanese insurance company. She's Japanese, and super-friendly. I helped her look online to renew her Australian Visa and she's helping me through my insurance stuff.

I'll let you know how it all works out. For the moment, not well. ...but, I'm having a good time, anyway. Don't worry about me, I'm sure I'll get home safe and sound and with a few more stories to tell. I still love Vietnam.

1 comment:

zach-bloomington said...

Sorry to hear dude! The camera thing especially. I was super excited about the boat/bay pictures. Back in Korea I'm sure you can find a some electronics.

Glad to hear you're still in good spirits! So many things are out of our control; all we can do is make the best of them.

And eat some good hot sauce for me, will ya?