Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Quick Addendum

Upon re-reading my last post, I realize that it sounded like a paranoid, anti-government rant. And really, it shouldn't have been. I should've laughed some laughs and breathed in deep and restrained from writing about it. Because now, it looks like I'm a bit of a nutter.

I called the IRS, got some help and, though they aren't sure why I was rejected, the lady on the phone sounded confident that it was a bureaucratic mistake on their part.

I've just had a long history of getting ridiculous bills in the mail that actually need to be paid; school loans, for one. And, in my first real dealings with the IRS, I wondered if one could take things too seriously. My family put a deep-rooted fear of the IRS in me since I was a young 'un.

In any case, I apologize for the crazy talk. Next time, I'll do a little better.

1 comment:

nickyj said...

You had Joe all up in a lather, but I knew it would be something that could be ducked out of. I haven't read your rant but now that I know how it turns out I want to.