Saturday, December 6, 2008

Flashback

Just a kernel of interest, that had me laughing to myself earlier. The first few days I was here, and I couldn't do anything on my own, speak any Japanese, etc. and I didn't have the internet or anyone's phone number or anything, and I was supremely unhappy, for various reasons, with no outlet. I will always remember this moment and the concurrent emotion distinctly. I was searching the apartment for something I could watch/listen to/read in English, and the only two movies in the entire house were Encino Man and Major Payne. So, I made spaghetti, and eagerly watched every minute of Major Payne. Twice. I seem to have lost that desperation in the ensuing months. ...Then again, that is probably a good thing.

I'll keep it short and sweet.

1 comment:

nickyj said...

Dude, Encino Man ≥ Major Payne.